- Contact Us
- Academic Support
- Campus Involvement
- Campus Services
The second year of college is a challenging time for students, who are often at a crossroads in making academic, career, and life decisions. We want to continue to ensure your success at Missouri S&T by getting you connected to campus resources.
Explore the links on this page to be sure you take advantage of all the resources that will help make sophomore year great!
- Continue to look for scholarship opportunities offered at Missouri S&T. Also be sure to talk to your department about available department scholarships.
- Attend a LEAD session or apply to become a LEAD Peer Learning Assistant.
- Visit the Writing Center for free, individualized help with any written work, from English essays to design projects. They can offer feedback on organization, thesis statements, word choice, citations, and more.
- Contact your Study Abroad Coordinator or visit the study abroad website to learn more about study abroad opportunities.
- Continue to work with your academic advisor to make sure you are on track with your classes and goals.
- Pursue getting to know faculty within your depeartment. They can provide you with a letter of reference when you apply for a job or graduate school.
- Start planning for a minor if you haven't already done so.
- Conduct a degree audit. You can request a "What If" report for other majors you may be considering, as well as include planned courses that may be taken in the future.
- Meet with a Student Success Coach to learn better study strategies or find out more about individualized tutoring.
- Apply for leadership positions within student organizations and pursue membership in department honor societies.
- Sign up to become an Opening Week Mentor or a Transfer Transitions Mentor.
- Check out the Student Design and Experiential Learning Center.
- Meet with a Peer Involvement Advisor in Student Life to get individual advising on campus involvement.
- Stay up-to-date by logging into OrgSync.
- Participate in the Externship Program, a program that provides students with opportunities to gain leadership development experience in a corporate setting for 1-3 days during Spring Break.
- Meet with a Career Opportunites & Employer Relations (COER) Advisor and attend COER workshops.
- Read COER's tips and utlize their templates and worksheets.
- Participate in the Mentor a Miner program to ask alumni, employers, and faculty advice about determing a major, finding interships/co-ops, and career goals.
- Update your resume. Add summer work experience, student organizations, GPA, etc. Visit the COER to have someone review it.
- Attend the fall and spring career fair.
- Investigate and consider the Cooperative Education Program (co-op).
- Sign up for a practice interview at the COER.
VOLunteerism & Civil Engagement
- Take the Miner Challege and go on an alternative spring break.
- Visit the Volunteerism and Civic Engagement webpage and learn about all the different ways to volunteer on campus and with the surrounding community.
- Review the service learning courses available and talk to your advisor about additional service learning opportunites.
- Want to help make an incoming freshman's PRO day experience memorable? Sign up to be a PRO volunteer.
- Talk to your academic advisor to see if you can assist them with their current research projects.
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies to learn about the OURE Program and other exciting research opportunities available at Missouri S&T.