- Contact Us
- Academic Support
- Campus Involvement
- Campus Services
You are halfway through your degree program at Missouri S&T. This is an exciting time for you academically and professionally as you begin to think about your future beyond Missouri S&T. Continue to make the most of your remaining time here and stay focused on what is important. Your grades, leadership experience, connections, internship experience, service learning, involvement and other areas are all important in your personal plan for success.
- Continue to make yourself a viable candidate for scholarship opportunities offered at Missouri S&T. Also be sure to talk to your department about available department scholarships.
- Sign up for a LEAD session or apply to become a LEAD Peer Learning Assistant.
- Visit the Writing Center for free individualized help with any written work, from English 20 essays to senior design projects. They can even help with personal or creative writing projects.
- Contact a Study Abroad Advisor or visit the study abroad website to learn more about study abroad opportunities.
- Meet with your academic advisor on to make sure you are on track with your classes and goals for graduation.
- Think you might be interested in graduate school? Contact the Office of Graduate Studies for more information and the degree programs available at Missouri S&T.
- Continue being active within student organizations.
- Sign up to become a Opening Week Mentor or a Transfer Transitions Mentor.
- Register with COER on the third floor of Norwood. This must be done every semester.
- Participate in the Externship Program, a program that provides students with opportunities to gain leadership development experience in a corporate setting for 1-3 days during Spring Break.
- Meet with a Career Opportunites & Employer Relations (COER) Advisor and attend COER workshops.
- Become well informed about the current job market and what employers are looking for by reading articles and using the information to your advantage.
- Read COER's tips and utlized their templates and worksheets.
- Update your resume. Add summer work experience, student groups, GPA, etc. Visit the COER to have someone proof and look over it.
- Attend both of the career fairs.
- Investigate and consider Co-Op opportunities.
- Sign up for a practice interview at the COER.
- Start exploring these internet resources for potential career opportunities.
Service Learning\Civil Engagement
- Take the Miner Challege and go on an alternative spring brea
- Visit the Volunteerism and Civic Engagement webpage and learn about all the different ways to volunteer on campus and with the surrounding community.
- Review the service learning courses available and talk to your advisor about additional service learning opportunites.
- Talk to your academic advisor to see if you can assist him/her with any research they are currently working on.
- Apply for the OURE Fellows Program.
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies to learn about the OURE Program and other exciting research opportunities available at Missouri S&T.
- Present your research at the Missouri S&T Undergraduate Research Conference.