- Contact Us
- Academic Support
- Campus Involvement
- Campus Services
First Year Experience
Congratulations on getting accepted to Missouri S&T! We hope you enjoyed PRO and Opening Week here on campus. They are created to enhance your success as a student and begin your Rolla experience on the right path to personal and academic success though interactions between new students, faculty, staff, and student leaders. Your success at Missouri S&T is our top priority. Discover how you can get the most out of your first year here as a Miner by following our advice below.
- Familarize yourself with all the majors we offer on campus.
- Check out all the scholarship opportunities Missouri S&T offers. Also be sure to talk to your department about available department scholarships.
- Attend a LEAD session.
- Visit the Math Learning Center for assistance for math assistance through Math 2222.
- Read about time management, and develop a weekly time management plan.
- Visit the Writing Center for free, individualized help with any written work, from English 1120 essays to design projects. They can offer feedback on organization, thesis statements, word choice, citations, and more.
- Understand your advisor's role and read other great student resources.
- Work with your academic advisor on your second semester schedule and discuss your degree progress.
- Visit the Student Success Center to learn better learning and study strategies.
- Look for student organizations to join and start thinking about leadership positions that would be a good fit for you.
- Browse OrgSync to get more information on the different organizations.
- Make an appointment with a Peer Involvement Advisor in Student Life to get individual advising on campus involvement.
- Meet with a Career Opportunites & Employer Relations (COER) Advisor and attend COER workshops.
- Familiarize yourself with HireMiners, an online recruiting tool for students seeking full-time employment, co-ops, and summer internships.
- Participate in the Mentor a Miner program to ask alumni, employers, and faculty advice about determing a major, finding interships/co-ops, and career goals.
- Create your first resume. Look for an example resume in your COER Student Guide or contact the COER for expert help.
- Attend the career fair and learn about the companies.
- Attend employer information sessions to help identify the companies you would like to work for.
- Read COER's tips and utlized their templates and worksheets.
- Participate in the COER's Etiquette Dinner to learn sensible strategies on dining and business etiquette.
- Purchase business attire if you don't already own some.
Volunteerism & Civil Engagement
- Get involved in your community and take part in some of the opportunities facilitated by the department of Student Life. Click here to learn more.
- Take the Miner Challenge and go on an alternative spring break.